I don't have a lot of time and have been really busy these past few days. So this post will be a short one. Forgive me!
Context menus work now! You can actually use them is what I'm saying.
After a bit of cleaning up the save system is functional (like 100% stable) and I wanted to share with you this lovely bonfire I made to celebrate it.
Storage archetype objects are now implemented which means objects such as crates are possible and easy to add via mods.
Alongside adding storage objects I ended up completely wiping and re-writing the inventory system for both the player and external objects. It's now faster and saves a bit of memory which will go a long way once multiplayer is up and running.
Upon trying to compile to game using the YYC I discovered about 1,500+ broken lines of code that I ended up having to re-write. C++ is kinda strict compared to GML.
I also made this new splash screen! It is a bit boring but still better than what we used to have in place. Fear not! It can be skipped in-game.
Tools have been implemented as well. This means that you can collect resources properly! Hip-hip, hooray!