I just finished writing a launcher for Project Explore so that I could save everybody time. I have it setup quite nicely in my opinion.
Yes the game is now available... BUT, please understand that I'm just giving you guys the game in whatever state it's currently in at the time. You are literally just playing what the game is in it's current state so please don't expect much. I will be updating this regularly as I progress with the game. I'll mention everything available in the game at the moment in the "read more" section below.
Launcher Download Link: <REMOVED>
All the controls are explained below in the "read more" section!
Click "Read More" to continue!
There is currently an inventory that you can open. You can build a house with foundations, walls, doorways, and ceilings. You can gather wood logs from trees. You can drop items. You can pick up items. You can hide in the shadow of trees. You can sneak. You can edit, save, and load the map. You can put on clothes. You can equip items. You can eat certain items. You can place trees.
Now I will post ALL the controls below:
Movement = W,A,S,D
Gathering = E
Sneak = SHIFT
Pickup Items = Left-Mouse Button
Inventory = TAB
Place House Parts = Left-Mouse Button
Equip Items = 1,2,3,4 (you must put the item into your hot-bar first)
Use Items = Left-Mouse Button
Switch Between Edit And Play Mode = SHIFT + ESCAPE
Movement = W,A,S,D
Place Tile = ENTER
Switch Tile Type (Next) = SHIFT + W
Switch Tile Type (Previous) = SHIFT + S
NOTE: There are only 3 tile types right now, only 0, 1, and 2 work.
Save Map = CONTROL + S
Load Map = CONTROL + L
If you find any bugs you would like to report to help me further develop the game, please use the contact form found here: http://www.seabassandgazellestudios.com/contact-us.html
UPDATE (7:55 AM)
I discovered a bug that occurred occasionally when downloading the game. It led to the file "ProjectExplore.exe" to come out corrupted. It seemed as though the issue was that Windows didn't like the file. To address the issue I changed the launcher to download a '.zip' file containing the game executable, extracting it, and then running it. That did not fix anything.
I remembered that I was using 'C:\Users\*USER\AppData\Roaming' for the file. I then persued the idea that the game wasn't being given permission to download the file correctly. So I moved the entire games folder output to 'C:\Users\LOS\AppData\Local' and what do you know... It worked!
I guess the whole point of me saying all this is... Some mistakes lead to good things! In this case, I was prompted to try and use a '.zip' folder which lead to the download being smaller and the game being more compressed. This also helped it deal with getting around grumpy anti-virus.