I'm going to start posts off with change logs from now on. So let's begin!
Change Log Alpha Version 0.1.1.5
You may notice that there wasn't much of a change with this update. I just would like to remind you that I've been quite busy lately so don't expect anything major from me right now. Just for the record, I think I've been doing fairly well in terms of keeping up with updates.
I was recently contacted by a youtuber who wanted to show-off Project Explore. I gladly obliged by giving him permission and he went on to do a entire 27 minute and 16 second video! So huge thanks to Zaxtor99 for his great video and support. He purchased a copy for himself BEFORE even asking whether or not he could do a video on it. More youtubers and gameplay reviewers need to be like him.
His Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWT1CHXAQhlPjvLh2llum2w
Link To The Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75PgYl7j32M
The new temperature system is VERY experimental and I am waiting to hear back from everybody on what they think about it. The basics of it go like this... If you're too cold you lose twice the hunger as
I've decided to upload version 0.1.1.4 early just to use more of a hotfix for some issues. I decided to also use the normal compiler instead of the full YYC. This means lower frame rates but the game should be much more stable now.
All the cool changes will hopefully be in version 0.1.1.5 but we'll have to see how it goes!
I'm more than aware that there are some issues with the save system currently in place. I have attempted to fix the issue quite a few times and I believe I found a solution. It's a minor change but I think it's working now. I saved and loaded my game about 10 times straight to test it and it has yet to break.
I'm also working on re-writing the save system to require less hard drive space. Currently a saved game takes up about 33 Mb (megabytes) which isn't all that much but what's the point of using up extra space for no reason? I'll also be compressing the world data and object data files into the same file instead of two separate files.
The next update should include a temperature system I've been designing and possibly a weather system. Both of these will take a bit of work and so I can't make any promises. We'll just have to see what happens. I've been quite busy with my job lately so that's been holding me back quite a bit.
We've moved up to the top #3 on Steam greenlight and I'd like to think that we are VERY close to being greenlit. I've spoken to a couple of developers that have games that were greenlit on Steam and they have all told me that it won't be long. It usually takes 3-4 months to get through the system. Its been 72 days so we haven't even hit the 3 month mark.
Project Explore has been selling better than expected and it's income has helped me out a bit to support myself.
I'm happy to say that the sales have encouraged me to release a public demo which can be downloaded here: https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/projectexplore/ProjectExplore_Demo.exe
Thank you to everybody who has purchased a copy of Project Explore. I promise to everyone who has supported me that you WILL NOT be disappointed.