It's never been easy to set up networking for any multiplayer game. However, it is especially hard when you are a one man team.
There are a few routes you can go when setting up multiplayer.
I decided I should sit down and give Project Explore some time in the heat. I wanted to test out it's performance. See how it would handle things without any optimization outside of turning off it's drawing of things off screen. Not turning off collisions because I wanted to know how hefty they were. In the "read more" section, I've included tons of pictures of my performance tests.
Item stacking is officially working and bug-free from what I can tell. I haven't added a way to split items up yet but it will definitely be updated soon. I've now included a way to play around with the character customization. I will include all the controls in the "read more" section below.
I've included some screenshots of the code I wrote for the script to move items between each slot. There are 2 more screenshots below this one.