The past few days have been completely nuts. I'm working faster than usual, approximately 2 to 3 times faster than usual according to my key counts. We have added record labels to the game which has been fun but difficult. There are requirements, benefits, and objectives for record deals, totaling to 21 variables that have to be loaded into the game and processed appropriately.
Animated Signatures, Why?
Thanks to a few of RGT's fantastic beta testers (Seph, Gardraphius, Seb) I have been able to identify and fix pretty much every bug currently present in the game. There are a few issues with visual popups like tooltips not working in all circumstances but the major issues have all been addressed. The game is now borderline playable. While the gameplay is completely unpolished and damn near raw at the moment, it at least serves as a playable proof-of-concept.
With all these issues out of the way though, we now have time to focus on improving and adding new features prior to release.
I made a cool little wallpaper for this amazing software I found on Steam. Link Here
I posted this wallpaper onto the Steam workshop for free download. It is designed for 1920x1080, 3840x1080, and 5760x1080 (my favorite resolution). You can navigate to the workshop submissions from my Workshop Items page. I made some cool stuff such as dynamic shadows and Gazelle made the adorable mini Seabass you see running in that GIF above.
I've fixed a ton of bugs and added a few things here and there but mostly, I've just fixed bugs. For you change log craving junkies out there, I have compiled a short list of the recent bugs I've fixed.
Version 0.4.7.0 change log
-Fixed an issue where characters would be duplicated
-Fixed issues with the 'load game' menu shown within the pause menu
-Character customization values are now reset after starting a new game
-Cleaned up a few memory leaks involving character buffer data
-Characters should no longer appear invisible in the garage
-Rehearsal/Recording analysis text has been polished up
-Removed some files from the 'Map' data folder to save beta testers some bandwidth