A week or two ago a user requested that I upload a preview of what I have been working on. I happily agreed but now am facing the fear-filled last minute crunch of work that I was hoping to avoid. While this is not the final build for the game it is a showcase of where my efforts have been focused.
Code Clean Up
I turned that (^) into this (v)
A lot of 100+ lines of code were trimmed down for my own sanity and production rate.
We decided that 2D foundations and building would look better. So that is what we did. So far I have programmed the foundations properly including the depth sorting (which was a pain).
I got these working again (converted back to 2D so you know, had to re-write everything render related for them)
While it is somewhat functional and technically playable, I am not going to distribute it yet since it still is not enjoyable in my opinion. The lack of gameplay takes away from experience as well. I've shown images and gifs here on my blog though so I promise you it is real and not far away.