I'm more than aware that there are some issues with the save system currently in place. I have attempted to fix the issue quite a few times and I believe I found a solution. It's a minor change but I think it's working now. I saved and loaded my game about 10 times straight to test it and it has yet to break.
I'm also working on re-writing the save system to require less hard drive space. Currently a saved game takes up about 33 Mb (megabytes) which isn't all that much but what's the point of using up extra space for no reason? I'll also be compressing the world data and object data files into the same file instead of two separate files.
The next update should include a temperature system I've been designing and possibly a weather system. Both of these will take a bit of work and so I can't make any promises. We'll just have to see what happens. I've been quite busy with my job lately so that's been holding me back quite a bit.
We've moved up to the top #3 on Steam greenlight and I'd like to think that we are VERY close to being greenlit. I've spoken to a couple of developers that have games that were greenlit on Steam and they have all told me that it won't be long. It usually takes 3-4 months to get through the system. Its been 72 days so we haven't even hit the 3 month mark.
Project Explore has been selling better than expected and it's income has helped me out a bit to support myself.
I'm happy to say that the sales have encouraged me to release a public demo which can be downloaded here: https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/projectexplore/ProjectExplore_Demo.exe
Thank you to everybody who has purchased a copy of Project Explore. I promise to everyone who has supported me that you WILL NOT be disappointed.