Change Log Alpha Version 0.1.1.8
When I say that I did major optimizations to increase the framerate, I am definitely not pushing my point enough.
The game runs amazingly now. It's finally at the stage that it is what I imagined when I first started this game's development. It's a wonderful feeling now that we've come so far. I want to say a special thanks to 'Berry' on the forums for posting a bug with the crates and a few other issues that I completely overlooked. Sadly, wolves still travel through walls but I'm working on it.
The save issue has finally been solved. I woke up one morning and suddenly I knew the answer. You see... (Prepare for the nerdy spiel)
I saved all the world information to ds_lists, one for the x positions and one for the y positions, and so on. But for anything like the amount of health an AI had left or the angle of a wall, I saved it to a ds_map. The issue lied in the way I saved it though. I would write the key as such 'index+value_type' and this would cause the world falling apart when you destroyed or added any object. You see the index would be put off and unlike a ds_list, ds_maps do not magically know when something from their key storage is deleted. So I switched everything to ds_lists which turned out to only increase the save file by about 2 MB.
I plan to add more to the world generation very soon as well as add a lot more variety throughout the world in general. Thanks for reading!